They forgot `Lemon Freshened'
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 93 11:38:39 PDT
Subject: They forgot `Lemon Freshened'
From the Technology column (Ken Siegmann, S.F. Chronicle, August 24):
The computer industry has spawned almost as many buzzwords as it
has new technologies. Many of them are incomprehensible to most
people. So a friend in the computer business supplied this explanation
of some of the more common phrases:
* All New: The software is not compatible with previous versions.
* Advanced Design: Upper management doesn't understand it.
* Breakthrough: It nearly worked on the first try.
* Revolutionary: The disk drives go round and round.
* It's here at last: We finished a 26-week project in 48 weeks.
* Years of development: We finally got one to work.
* Maintenance Free: Impossible to fix.
© 1993 Peter Langston